You buy something, especially something on sale, and it comes plastered with a big sticker. You try to remove the sticker, and it tears, and maybe leaves behind some glue. When you try to wash off the glue, it just ends up catching dirt, and turns into an ugly gray smear!
What to do?
It depends on the surface the sticker was bonded to, because different tricks can do damage to different surfaces. It also depends on the sticker, whether it’s plastic or paper.
The articles below get into more techniques and details.
- Cleaning Sticky Residue and Rubbery Paint Off Plastic
- Goo Gone vs LA's Totally Awesome Glue-Away Label Remover, Reviewed and Compared
- How to Remove Sticker Residue
- How to Remove Stickers from a Car Window
- How to Remove Stickers from Books
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesives and Adhesive Removers